GOLDEN VISA in Barcelona
Government of Spain has launched the investor programme, “Golden Visa” in the year 2013, which allows the investors outside the European Community, to obtain a work and residency permit investing in one of the following instruments ;
- Investing 2 million euros in Spanish public debt securities.
- Investing 1 million euros in shares of Spanish capital companies with a real business activity or in investment funds and venture capital funds established in Spain or in bank deposits in Spanish financial institutions.
- Investing 500.000 euros in real estate for each applicant
There are also some other documents that are needed to be presented at the first application such as official documents, health insurance, criminal records and the proof of sufficient funds.
Benefits of Golden Visa – Obtaining Golden Visa allows the holder:
- Work and Residency permit in Spain
- Free movement in the Schengen area The
- Visa can be extended to the members of the family of the first degree as well as to the ones that are dependent on the applicant. There is no age limitation for the family members, as long as they are dependant on the applicant.
- Spain has double taxation with most of the countries, so no obligation of tax declaration for investments outside Spain
- The holders benefit from the Spanish health and education system.
- If the holders live in Spain for 10 consequent years, min 183 days stay each year, they are entitled fort he Spanish citizenship at the ens of the 10 years period
Process – Our team guides you all through this process which is:
- Investing in Spain
- The first application in your primary residence country
- Completion in Spain by obtaining your permit IDs
This whole process takes around 4-5 months and the visas are renewed as 1 + 2 + 5 years periods. During this whole process after the first investment is done, you only need to come twice to Spain within the first application period (4-5 months) and then, it does not require any minimum days of stay till the next renewal.
With the Golden Visa, can I travel to other countries in Europe?
Yes, you are free to travel to the Schengen countries of Europe.
How long do I have to stay in Spain?
With the golden visa, you only need to visit Spain once during each residency period.
What taxes will I have to pay once I have my Golden Visa?
Once you have a property in your name in Spain, you will need to file yearly income tax and property tax.
Regarding whether you are considered a resident of Spain or not: since the Golden Visa does not require you to be physically present in Spain during the whole residency period, the usual tests to determine residency apply.
Can I work in Spain with the Golden Visa?
Yes. As opposed to the wealth visa, with this visa you can be employed in Spain.
This applies as well to family members who arrived in the same visa.
When can I sell the house that I bought with the Golden Visa?
If you sell your house without having obtained the status of permanent resident, then your residency visa will be denied when you try to renew it.
We are here to answer all of your questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org